Search This Blog

Monday, August 26, 2013

I'm The Guy

This week it is important that we, the members of Council 8592 reach out.  We are reaching out to each member who is not active.  We are asking that you give us another try.  The reasons are varied and they are no doubt very important reasons, but we are hoping that you see our growth and our vision as one in which you would like to be involved with again.  It is our heartfelt desire and our wish that you give us one more try.  We meet every second Monday and we are looking forward to seeing you at every meeting.  There is a poem which may or may not sum up some of the feelings, it reads: 

I’m the guy who asked to join your organization.  I’m the guy who paid his dues to join.  I’m the guy who stood up in front of you and promised to be faithful and loyal.  I’m the guy who came to the meetings and no one paid attention to.  I tried several times to be friends, but they all had their own buddies to talk to and sit next to.  I sat down several times, but no one paid attention to me.  I hoped very much that someone would have asked me to take part in a fund raising project or something, but no one saw my efforts when I volunteered.  I missed a few meetings after joining because I was sick and couldn’t be there.  No one asked me at the next meeting where I had been.  I guess it didn’t matter very much to others whether I was there or not.  The next meeting I decided to stay home and watch TV.  The following meeting, I attended, but no one asked where I was for the last meeting.  You might say I’m a good guy or a “good family man” who holds a responsible job and loves his community and country.  You know who else I am?  THE GUY WHO NEVER CAME BACK.  It amuses me how the heads of organizations discuss WHY the organization is losing members.  It amuses me to think that they spend so much time looking for NEW members when I was there all the time.  All they needed to do was make me feel needed.  Make me feel wanted.  And make me feel WELCOME!

To any brother Knights who are out there, please consider coming back.  We need you.  We want you.  And you are always WELCOME!  Vivat Jesus!

Andy Milam
District Deputy – District 4
Council Member #8592


No comments:

Post a Comment